SALARYUp to £50k DoE
LOCATIONOur headquarters are in Retford, Nottinghamshire, offering a direct rail link from London and the north, along with convenient access from the A1 motorway.
We believe in the power of collective efforts and that working together in the same space enhances our ability to tackle complex challenges. Ideally, this role is office-based, operating Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm.
Nonetheless, if objectives are met and positive communication is maintained, we are open to flexible working arrangements.
In this role, you’ll be part of our dedicated hardware development team, focusing on embedded systems design and implementation.
Specific duties include:
- To contribute to the maintenance of the software for our AeroSentry platforms for the Remote Detection and Identification of drones via Radio Frequency scanning, packet reading & pattern matching.
- Developing and maintaining firmware for our range of devices.
- Contributing to all phases of the product lifecycle, from initial concept to production support.
- Implementing and testing software-defined radios (SDRs) and RF signal processing components.
- Working with Python for system-level programming and scripting.
- Collaborating with other team members to design, develop and optimise system performance.
- Keeping up to date with the latest technologies and trends in the industry.
The successful candidate should be:
- Able to accurately estimate work efforts and adhere to schedules.
- Aware of the latest industry trends, especially in hardware development and embedded systems.
- Comfortable with the latest usability standards and emerging technologies.
- A strong team player with excellent communication skills.
- Eager to stay ahead of competitors, positioning themselves and the company as leaders in the technology field.
- Extensive experience with embedded systems hardware programming (C/C++).
- Solid skills in Python and understanding of product lifecycle management.
- Desirable: Experience with Software Defined Radios, RF Signal Processing, and Machine Learning.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work both within a team and independently to meet deadlines.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Comprehensive understanding of cross-platform production necessities.
- Understanding the necessity for automated testing (unit tests).
‘Must Have’ Qualities:
- Self-motivated and hard-working.
- Customer-first mindset.
- A desire and willingness to learn and grow with us.
- A team player.
- The drive to succeed.
Travel may occasionally be required in this role for client site visits, demonstrations, installations, handovers, or reviews.
An SC level security clearance may be required for this role, and candidates should either already have or be capable of obtaining UK SC clearance.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to our success. We pride ourselves on fostering an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds can work together to achieve excellence and realise their potential.
APPLY FOR ROLE
If this position sounds like you, please send us your CV and a covering letter.