Main purpose of job: You’ll be working within the software development team and be involved in the development of our software solutions.
Department: Software Development
Location/Branch: Retford, Nottinghamshire
Position reports to: Chief Software Architect
Position is responsible for: Software Solutions and UX/UI interface
Length of contract: Permanent
You’ll be working within the software development team and be involved in the development of our software solutions.
Specific duties include:
- Development of our core web applications using common front-end, back-end, and database technologies in model-view-viewmodel (MVVM) pattern.
- On frontend, you will be working alongside a UI/UX developer/designer to create stunning interactive and responsive UIs, consisting of real-time geographic charting.
- On back-end you are expected to design a central server, capable of handling the request and data coming from users and sensors, integrating and displaying them to the user on the front-end.
- Being part of our development road map team, developing and integrating new modules to handle data from our increasing variety of hardware sensors and systems.
- Testing, identifying, and optimising the time-critical components.
- Being creative and coming up with new ways to enhance our products using the latest technologies
Qualifications and Skills
The successful candidate would need to be highly driven in the following areas;
- Provide accurate estimates with regards to work and work to a schedule.
- Maintain a high level of awareness of the industry and trends, particularly regarding development.
- Keep abreast of usability standards and emerging technologies.
- Be a team player and keep team members informed as appropriate.
- Work hard to keep our software ahead of our competitors, positioning yourself and the company as specialists in aviation software.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
- Primary skills
- In-depth experience working with web technologies such as HTML5 and deploying solutions across responsive, cross platform devices/browsers.
- Strong understanding of PostgreSQL/SQL servers and non-relational databases
- Prior mobile development experience would be much appreciated
- Familiarity with AWS, DevOps
- Experience with Containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes would be good
- Secondary skills
- Back-end development, you must have extensively worked with one of the languages used for designing backend systems, such as Python (Django or Flask), PHP or Go.
- Experience with Git and Version control
- Strong understanding of testing and CI/CD
- Ability to work within the team and independently to meet deadlines
- Must have meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent coding skills and good understanding of the necessities of cross-browser production
- Basics of Machine Learning fundamentals
‘Must Have’ Qualities:
- Self-motivated and hard worker
- Putting the customer first
- Desire and willingness to learn and grow with us
- A team player
- The drive to succeed