An exciting position has arisen within the Engineering Department at our award winning business.
We are a recognised industry expert at the cutting edge of drone technology. In addition to setting the standard in counter-drone applications, we specialise in supporting a sustainable future where drones change the way we view, interact with and move around our world.
Are you someone who can tell us how to deliver the physical infrastructure and network for our cutting edge drone detection sensors?
We are looking for an exceptional, talented and intelligent lead Engineer to join our growing team. We are interested in hearing from you if you have previous experience of working within the security/CCTV/RF industry.
Working to a high-level of competency and skill, you will be familiar with installing, commissioning and servicing CCTV, security, access control and RF systems.
All candidates with a minimum of 3 years of experience in the CCTV/security/access control/RF industry are invited to apply.
This management position involves supporting and developing engineering solutions with our software and hardware development team, in order to maintain sustainable products for the business.
Specific duties include:
- Managing a small team in the Engineering department
- Engineering and installation of deployable systems
- Test and management of solar powered systems
- CCTV power and data management
- Configuration of routers and firewalls
- Configuration of switches and port assignment to spec
- Configuration of remote management software
- Advise clients on systems and requirements
- Co-ordinate inbound and outbound deliveries
- Create supporting documentation for new networks/equipment
- Create technical documentation to support engineering
- Manage company asset register
- Complete annual electrical safety and internal PAT testing for all equipment
- Install and manage internal site CCTV
- Install and manage server room and all terminating equipment
- High priority for deployments
- Deploy and commission systems as required
- Deploy and install systems as required
- Deploy as a Contractor for third party companies
- Remote programming and fault finding to support client/investors needs
- Internal office door access systems
- Internal office network infrastructure (wifi)
- Internal office network infrastructure (LAN)
- Experience in radio frequency data transfer systems would be advantageous.
Qualifications and Skills
The successful candidate would need to be highly driven in the following areas;
- Provide accurate estimates with regards to work and work to a schedule.
- Maintain a high level of awareness of the industry and trends, particularly regarding development.
- Keep abreast of usability standards and emerging technologies.
- Be a team player and keep team members informed as appropriate.
- Work hard to keep our software ahead of our competitors, positioning yourself and the company as specialists in aviation software.
‘Must Have’ Qualities:
- Self-motivated and hard worker
- Putting the customer first
- Desire and willingness to learn and grow with us
- A team player
- The drive to succeed
- Use of a company vehicle
- International travel
- Flexible working hours